– Justin Wilson struggled, giving up eight runs over three innings. He struck out three and walked three while giving up five hits, two of which being homers.
– Alex Presley was 2 for 4 with a walk during a rehab assignment.
– Jose Tabata went 1 for 4 with a walk. He also stole his first base.
– Starling Marte was 1 for 4 with a walk and a home run, his 10th of the year.
– Tony Sanchez went 2 for 4 with a double and a homer, his 4th of the year. He is hitting .351/.442/.757 in the month of July.
– Gerrit Cole gave up three runs over four innings. He struck out three and walked one while giving up six hits, one being a home run. He has a 5.17 ERA and a 16:2 K:BB ratio over 15 2/3 innings since his promotion to Altoona.
– Robbie Grossman was 2 for 4 with a walk. Ho-hum.
– Brock Holt went 2 for 5 with a triple.
– Jameson Taillon started game one of a double-header and got shelled. He gave up six runs over 4 2/3 innings. He struck out two, walked four, and gave up six hits.
– Alex Dickerson was 3 for 8 with three RBI in the two games.
– Robby Rowland gave up six runs (three earned) over 3 2/3 innings. He walked three and didn’t strike out a batter.
– Alen Hanson was 1 for 5.
– Taylor Lewis went 2 for 5 with his 10th stolen base.
– Gregory Polanco was 1 for 2 with a walk and two stolen bases, giving him 33 and 34 on the year.
– Jose Osuna went 1 for 4 with his 9th home run.
– Clay Holmes continued to dominate the NY-Penn League by pitching five shutout innings. He struck out one, walked two, and gave up one hit. He has a 1.14 ERA and a 15:11 K:BB ratio over 23 2/3 innings.
– Barrett Barnes was 0 for 1 with two walks.
– Dilson Herrera was 1 for 4 with a home run, his 5th of the year. That leads the Gulf Coast League.
– Harold Ramirez went 1 for 5.