Just catching up on a few of the Pirates’ injuries:
– Jose Tabata suffered a setback Thursday night while on a rehab assignment with the Bradenton Marauders. He felt tightness while running the bases and was pulled from the game. He did not play yesterday and is out indefinitely as of right now. Clint Hurdle says he will be re-evaluated today, but all early signs are showing he didn’t re-injure it.
– Steve Pearce has now played in 2 games for AAA-Indianapolis and is 3 for 10 with 2 homers. He should be back very soon.
– Pedro Alvarez is still “regaining his form” for Indianapolis. In 9 games with them, he is hitting .233/.368/.300 in 30 AB. He needs to get going as his presence in the lineup could be a huge lift.
– Ronny Cedeno will report to Indianapolis on Sunday to start a rehab assignment after being placed on the disabled list due to a concussion. Expect him back within the week if everything goes well.
– Evan Meek began throwing in Bradenton on Wednesday.